I went on a road trip of epic proportions to drive home with C Bear from school. Here are some of the highlights.
1) In Christ Alone by Bethany Dillon and Matt Hammitt. We kept blasting this in the car. And belting it from our gut. At least I did. It’s gorgeous. It’s worth whatever it cost on iTunes.
2) C Bear and fake bears. We kept finding fake bears and insisting C Bear pose for pictures. By “we” I mean me, but you get the idea. One of Claire’s friends spotted us forcibly taking her picture next to a bear and I have a feeling C Bear won’t live it down for a while. Tourist win!
3) I got to see that special lady while we were there. My dear friend Em.
4) We had a car dilemma, and I learned that car batteries don’t work if they are covered in corrosion. But I also learned that you can take care of corrosion fairly easily by pouring a Coca Cola over the corrosion. Ew. Gross. Yuck. I think the experience may very well have cured me of my Coca Cola habit.
5) Carolina by Eric Church. “Like a phone call from my baby, saying honey I miss you like crazy.”
6) We visited J Crew three times. I kid you not. We went to J Crew on three separate occasions. How can that not be a good trip?!
7) Chick Fil A for 3 meals. We also visited Chick Fil A three times over the course of our road trip. Does road trip food get any better?!
8) Mom, C Bear and I did roller coasters at Dollywood. (As a side note, if you have never been to Dollywood, please go. It’s a blast. Add it to your bucket list.) A kind Dollywood employee snapped this right before we went on the number one wooden roller coaster in the world. Yup, in the whole world.
9) Sinners like Me by Eric Church.
10) We went to Dolly Parton’s Dixie Stampede. Ah! It was so neat, there were camels, and horses and pig races and chickens and flying doves and donkeys and goats! I told Husband all this and he said, “You can see those at any farm Katie. You didn’t have to go to Tennessee for that.” So I think I’m either not explaining this well, or he is missing the point. But it was a whale of a good time, that included cups shaped like boots and lots of animals you could otherwise see on a farm.